13
Making tents and building fences is hard work.
制作帐篷和建造栅栏篱笆是一项艰苦的工作。
I needed many tools to help me.
我需要很多工具来帮助我。
So, I decided to go back to the ship again, and get some more things.
所以,我决定再次回到船上,去拿更多的东西。
I went back twelve times, but soon after my twelfth visit there was another terrible storm.
我来回十二次了,但是就是在我第12次回来之后不久来了一场可怕的暴风雨。
The next morning, when I looked out to sea, there was no ship.
第二天早上,我朝外瞧了瞧大海,船不见了。
When I saw that, I was very unhappy.
看到这一切,我很沮丧。
‘Why am I alive, and why are all my friends were dead? ’I asked myself.
“为什么我活着,为什么我的朋友们都死了?”我问我自己。
‘What will happen to me now, alone on this island without friends? How can I ever escape from it?’
“现在又会有什么事情发生呢?没有朋友独自生活在这个岛上,我怎样才能逃离这儿呢?”
Then I told myself that I was luck-luck to be live,
之后我告诉我自己我是幸运的,
lucky to have food and tools, lucky to be young and strong.
幸运地拥有着食物与工具,幸运地还年轻力壮。
But I knew that my island was somewhere off the coast of South America.
但是我知道我的小岛是在远离南美洲海岸的某个地方。
Ships did not often come down this coast, and I said to myself,
船只不太经常沿着这个海岸航行,我对自己说,
‘I’m going to be on this island for a long time.’
“我会在这个岛上呆很长时间。”
So, on a long piece of wood, I cut these words:
于是,在一个长条的木板上,我刻下了这些话:
I CAME HERE ON 30TH SEPTEMBER 1659 After that, I decide to make a cut for each day.
我于1659年9月30日来到此岛以后,我决定每天都刻上一个记号。
未完待续~